- Red Berenson has signed a rolling one-year contract extension, keeping him at Michigan at least through the 2009-10 season.
- If Berenson decides to keep coaching beyond next season, he may get to do so at Michigan Stadium for a game. According to the Ann Arbor News, the University of Michigan is “conducting preliminary research” for playing a game at Michigan Stadium in December 2010. This would be after the Michigan Stadium renovation is completed, and if the game was played, it would likely shatter the record for attendance at a hockey game. For that reason alone I don’t see any reason why Michigan won’t eventually play a hockey game at the Big House.
The fact that Michigan has gotten the ball rolling for making this happen leads me to believe it will. After they get the specifics of price and all of that taken care of, the next step will be to find an opponent. Perhaps we could see the Cold War II or a rematch with Wisconsin, who Michigan will play at Camp Randall Stadium in February 2010.
- No charges were filed against Steve Kampfer’s father for confronting Corey Tropp in the locker room following Tropp’s ejection.
- Varsity Blue’s Tim Sullivan also went on WTKA earlier this week. You can listen to his interview here.
- Desmond Howard, Curtis Greer, and Rob Lytle are nominees for the College Football Hall of Fame’s 2009 induction class.