- Steven Threet’s health is a little better than it was a week ago.
- Threet came back in during the PSU game when he got the feeling back in his right elbow/arm.
- Threet’s injury is a bruise, and he should be able to practice on Tuesday.
- “Nick Sheridan is very, very competitive.”
- Justin Feagin is being mixed in with the second group. David Cone has gotten a few reps as well.
- Michigan made mistakes in all three phases of the game (offense, defense, and special teams) against Penn State.
- “We’ve got to be mentally and physically tougher.”
- There isn’t a psychological edge lost when Nick Sheridan comes in at quarterback.
- A decision on whether or not Justin Feagin will play or be redshirted will happen right around this time.
- The history of the Michigan-Michigan State rivalry isn’t going to help anyone get a first down, but it can help the team get focused.
- “(Javon) Ringer is one of the best backs in the country.”
- “The consistency level is a thing that’s really been missing for four quarters.”
- “We have yet to put together four quarters of consistently good football.”
- If Brandon Minor keeps running like he did against Penn State, then he will get the bulk of the carries against Michigan State.
- Minor has worked hard to take care of the issues he’s had with holding on to the ball.
- “Our seniors have all been outstanding.”
- He’s never felt that one game is going to determine a recruit’s decision.
- “The tackling in our last game was not our best.”
- “You’ve got to contain [Ringer].”
- He heard about Mike Hart’s “Little Brother” comment but doesn’t know the details of it.
- Vince Helmuth moved to defense tackle, but it isn’t necessarily a permanent move. The team needed bodies and Helmuth was willing to move around.
- The offensive line for Saturday will probably be the same as the Penn State game.
- Mike Milano is suspended indefinitely, and that’s all Rodriguez had to say about him.
- The Michigan-Michigan State rivalry is for pride.
- The run defense is playing pretty well.
- This rivalry is two schools that are very proud of themselves that will compete hard on gameday.
- He didn’t feel left out when the new offense was implemented.
- Brandon Minor is a very physical runner.
- The mood among the team is to execute and get better every day.
- His arm is getting better.
- He got injured against Toledo when he landed directly on his elbow and had someone fall on him.
- When his arm starts to go numb, his hand tingles, preventing him from gripping the ball.
- The glove he started wearing on his throwing hand is just for better ball control.
- It’s very frustrating to not be able to play.
- His mom and aunt went to Michigan, and two of his other aunts went to Michigan State.
- “We just have to play assignment football.”
- He went to the same high school as Javon Ringer.
- He almost went to Michigan State, but they didn’t get back to him after a visit and weren’t all that interested.
- “You just gotta keep trucking along.” (In reference to moving on after a loss.)
- Javon Ringer is one of the best backs in the nation.
- One game doesn’t really have that big of an impact on recruiting since most players usually have their minds made up for which team they root for.
- “Aside from some big plays, I feel like our run defense is pretty solid.”
- “Turnovers are really the key.”
- This game is a really big deal to him since he is from Michigan.