Terrelle Pryor to Announce Decision Tomorrow

By · Tuesday, March 18, 2008 · 8:55 PM |  Share | 8 Comments

One of the weirdest recruitments in Michigan football history finally will come to an end tomorrow as quarterback Terrelle Pryor is set to announce his decision.

Pryor, star quarterback at Jeannette High School, plans to announce his college decision at noon Wednesday at the school’s auditorium.

Pryor led Jeannette to the PIAA Class AA basketball championship Saturday at Penn State, and said after the game that he had narrowed his college choices to two. But he wouldn’t say what two. Sources said Tuesday the final two are Ohio State and Michigan.

Earlier this week I said that I believed the final two schools were Ohio State and Penn State, but it does look like PSU is out of it. Then again, it looks like Michigan is as well. I know Pryor claimed he was down to two schools, but there is no way he doesn’t pick OSU. I would be beyond stunned if his choice was anything different.

I did have hope that Michigan would be able to pull off the upset in Pryor’s recruitment back in January, but around signing day – even though he didn’t announce – I came to the realization that all signs pointed to Ohio State. In the end, I think Rich Rodriguez and U-M did do a great job of recruiting him, but they were just too late to the party. By the time Rodriguez was at Michigan and able to recruit him there, Pryor had really been a Buckeye unofficially already.

I’ll have a story up tomorrow after noon once he announces (for OSU).

It is amazing what money can buy… At least pryor will get tons of $$$ and a free education with no work involved. Maybe Carty should write an article on THAT!! Over/under: I say he gets 3 tutors, one tutor for every 2 subjects. (those tutors will be busy doing pryor’s work and their work.)

Pryor is bought and paid for by OSU and there is no way he can get out of it now. Unless the check bounced that is…

I must be the only person alive to still believe TP is going to be a Wolverine.

If he is smart he would become a Wolverine because he is made for their system. However, I think Tressell is giving him a story about making him into a pro style QB for the pros.

Oddly enough…if he doesn’t become a Wolverine, OSU maybe the “safest” place for him to be. Tressell will try to change the type of QB he is.

How many NFL qb’s has RR produced??? I would go to OSU also based on them developing qb’s for the NFL.

TP is an outstanding player foremost because of his running not his passing. In spite of his passing stats which may be a little misleading, he is not the best passing QB in his group. His level of competition is also questionable compared to other high schools across the country.

OSU has got no built in advantage of developing QB’s. I acknowledge that the pros do not run a spread offense, but the better QB’s always get signed. TP will probably be a developmental project for some pro team.

He seems like a good kid, however, I am not all that impressed with his being a top I-A QB yet. I would think that he would go to Michigan and excell in a system that is made for him rather than struggle in one that he will have to develop in. Tressell will not put him on the field if he’s not his best QB in practice. At Michigan, he gets the job regardless.

If he goes to OSU even if he doesn’t start Tressell keeps TP off of the field playing for a Michigan team. Either way, Tressell wins.

He’s going to Ohio State because Michigan has sucked for the past 5 years. Ohio State has dominated the Big Ten. They have a supperior running game, receiver and the best o-line in football

“supperior” … you MUST be from OSU!