Delaware’s Coach? Seriously?

By · Thursday, December 13, 2007 · 3:34 AM |  Share | 11 Comments

I highly doubt that there is any truth to this report from CSTV, but I’ll share it with you guys anyways.

A new name has surfaced in Michigan’s search to replace Lloyd Carr. A source confirms that University of Delaware coach KC Keeler is being heavily considered to take over in Ann Arbor.

Keeler’s Blue Hens take on Appalachian State this weekend in the I-AA Championship game. Prior to Delaware, the UD alum coached at Rowan College in New Jersey. His 2003 Delaware team won the national title.

The irony of it all right now is quite funny since Delaware has the same helmets as Michigan. Hopefully for their sake they play better against Appalachian State than U-M did.

As far as this Keeler guy goes, if Bill Martin hired him, he would literally be forced out of Ann Arbor physically. I’m talking riots here people. There is just no way, after all of the crap he’s screwed up all ready, that Martin could get away with hiring this guy. And I know, Jim Tressel coached in I-AA before going to Ohio State. Don’t even bother making the comparison here. Keeler hasn’t had great seasons year-after-year. Although Tressel struggled every once in a while, he was winning national titles on a consistent basis and had much more experience.

1. Hal says:

Actually K.C. Keeler is not a bad coach at all. As a Michigan alumni living on the east coast I am able to track the UofD games during football season. Regardless of his record during his down seasons, his teams play hard and are very competitive. He is an excellent coach on his level, and he is an upgrade over Hoke, Deborg, English, etc. He is an EXCELLENT recruiter and has kids actually wanting to come to his school now and he’s been a “nationally recognized recruiter” for that very reason. I believe he would actually thrive if he came here. I would say he would be a Bobby Bowden to Michigan.

Is he better than Tressel, I don’t know, but he’s is better than Carr and Company in my opinion. Is he my absolute first choice? No, but he is not a bad choice either.

2. Feelin' Blue says:

He’s a good coach, and one much better than Brady Joke. Besides, his team beat Navy this year. Navy is a good team, albeit one with terrible defense. It was a high scoring game.

I personally like Craig Bohl at North Dakota St. The Bison beat Minnesota this year and lost to them (when they were bowl eligible) by one point last year. Great coach who could do wonders at Michigan.

There is no way they can take a chance on a guy like this.

Big differences from Tressel:
    - Tressel was an assistant at OSU under Earl B. (this guy has no such experience)
    - Tressel was connected to all of the recruiting going on in Ohio (this guy lives in Delaware, not Michigan, and has not Michigan ties).

So it’s a little dangerous to extrapolate …

4:13 PM, your logic is questionable at best. According to your logic, Debord, English, Hoke and anyone of the current Michigan staff would be the best candidate just because they’ve walked the same sidelines as Lloyd Carr.

And any of the current coaches that recruit would also be the best candidate; forget about coaching skills.

I know Tressel served under Earl Bruce, but he didn’t learn how to coach under Bruce. His father was a coach and his brother is/was a coach. He grew up around football. Tressel has forgotten more football than Earl Bruce ever knew. Tressel brought his coaching skills with him.

Plus head coaches hire staff that handles most of their recruiting. Then it’s the head coach that goes in and seals the deal.

I am not saying Keeler is the man, by any means, it’s just your thought processes are wack…

“Pride comes before the fall.”

lol

Have fun with Delaware’s coach!!

lol

Hey! 11:14AM, it appears as though whom ever is the source of your quote doesn’t have a clue about its correctness. If you want to know the correct source and quote it is: “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18 KJV)

If you quote a dip stick, then that makes YOU a dip stick…

You dip stick!!!

7. ArizonaGoBlue says:

The quote is from MARK DANTONIO. If he is a dip stick, then there is no word in the dictionary to describe how STUPID you are, anon 12:24!!!

8. ST says:

Sportingnews.com is reporting that U-M is meeting with Rich Rodriguez and his agent in Toledo today.

9. ST says:

No problem Sean. Keep up the great work.

Arizona blue… I know who made the quote, and it was wrong then and it’s wrong now you ass whole.

11. ArizonaGoBlue says:

I went too UM and u did not, anon, sew that makes me smarter!! Shut you’re trap and get me those fries I ordered!!