Johnny Sears Kicked Off Team

By · Monday, September 17, 2007 · 11:24 PM |  Share | 6 Comments

Rumors started flying on Saturday prior to kickoff when Johnny Sears was mysteriously absent from Michigan Stadium. Nothing had been known before Saturday in regards to any trouble Sears might be in, but as it turns out, he is in fact gone from the team.

Junior cornerback Johnny Sears is no longer on the Michigan football team, coach Lloyd Carr said today. Carr declined to give a reason for Sears’ departure.

From everything I’ve gathered, the reason Sears is off the team is due to drugs. Rumor is he failed a drug test and this wasn’t the first strike against him. I don’t mean to be nasty about it, but this actually may be a good thing for the team. Sears never played well as a cornerback and absolutely stunk as a punt returner. I hope he can get his life straightened out, but this may be a case of addition by subtraction.

WOW.. you don’t have facts. What kind of journalist are you? It is amazing to me how people will shoot words out of their mouth without thinking about the impact it may have on others. IF YOU DON”T HAVE THE FACTS THAN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!

j sears i hard…and he can play some good ball… hell who the hell else u heard of ever got a scholership ta play at one of if not thee biggest school when it comes to collage football than sears… he got a scholarship without ever steppin on a varsity field… j boy sears!! come back ta fresno where u belong.. nplay for the home school mainn!!!

That was just a slip up!! You gotta look at his background. It’s hard for African American boys growing up in fresno who live on the westside. As for you saying he was a horrible punt returner. I would enjoy seeing you attempt too. Reporters always commit on things they no nothing about. Me, myself im glad J-Boy is back in the NO!!!!

Come on stop making excuses – AA boy growing up in Fresno – yeah that justifies drug use!? He screwed up and blew the best chance of his life – he’ll do great at idaho st / partial qualifier school.

I cant believe that people are actually sayin that it was a drug problem that got Johnny kicked out of school. It was actually a domestic dispute between him and a young lady. I was there when it happened and I can say with complete justification that Johnny should still be on the team today. What happened was completely the fault of the young lady and Johnny was only trying to defend himself much the same as the rest of us did.

6. John says:

All yall who hated on J-boy! thanks! cause he could not have made it without yall> Signed Free Agent with Cincinnati Bengels